A quite number of Windows users ran into problems where their Recycle Bin got corrupted. There lie various known/unknown factors behind this very issue like unexpected errors to close the application forcefully, Windows DLL errors, incompatibility issues and others.
Because of one or the other causes, you would sometimes notice below mentioned symptoms when your Bin is erroneous-
- Not able to delete any items from Recycle Bin
- Deleted items in Bin cannot be restored back
- An error message stating – recycle bin is corrupted, empty recycle bin now
- Recycle bin not showing up deleted files
At this stage you are left with two options, either go with reset or with repair option. If your Bin is not holding any necessary data, then you can simply empty them by running a simple command on your Command Prompt. Check out more details about it-
Open command prompt window by typing cmd on search box of Start menu (press Win + X) – then type as rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin then press Enter key. All your deleted files from C: will be entirely erased. Replace the drive letter with other drive letters of your existing system partitions. Before proceeding with this method, ensure that you don’t need them back, it is because all your data will be wiped out. If this method does not seem to work fine, then run System File Checker Feature by typing – sfc / scannow in command prompt.
If the data is crucial, then without causing harm to your recycle bin data, how to fix corrupted recycle bin? In such situations Yodot File Recovery software would be helpful.
More information about repair application
Yodot tool is powered to fix your corrupted Recycle Bin folders and all other system folders in a uniformed way. There involve no complicated procedures to be undertaken by the users; a handy design makes file restoration process run smoothly. It also serves as an ultimate solution to recover any of your lost or deleted system files with a greater ease. Some of its notable features include-
- Supports all file formats: This tool is equipped to retrieve files and folders with various number of file types with extensions like doc, docx, ppt, pptx, txt, bmp, xls, xlsx, pdf, htm, html, rtf, jpeg, gif, jpg, mp3, mp4, pic, midi, amr, mpeg and lot more.
- OS Compatibility: Flexible enough to run on all Windows versions- Windows 10, 8.1, 8,7, XP, Vista and Windows Server editions (2008/2003).
- View patterns: Recovered files can be previewed using one among File Type View and Data View styled layouts
- RAW search: Comes with a RAW search functionality where users can look for desired file items by specifying some known fields. This makes instant recovery of required files.
Getting back folders from corrupted Recycle Bin
Step 1: Initially get the tool downloaded on your Windows system by simply hitting on get it now
Step 2: Continue to install and run the tool as per specified instructions
Step 3: Main screen provides two different options: Deleted File Recovery and Lost File Recovery. For restoring corrupted files go with Lost File Recovery option
Step 4: Browse through the location of your Recycle bin i.e., C: by default
Step 5: Program starts to scan the specified files and discovers all retrievable file items, presents them back after complete scan
Step 6: Select a file view pattern and preview recovered files from recycle items
Step 7: Mark a location to save extracted files